We’re accepting applications for our 2021 Internship Program!
Our internship will provide an individual with a meaningful educational experience; to care for and connect with rescued farmed animals, work side-by-side with the co-founders, and be a part of a compassionate community. Additionally, individuals will be a vital part of the building and growth of our new location in Freedom, IN.
PEAK is currently 35 minutes from Bloomington and 1 hour from Indianapolis.
Interns must be willing to promote the mission of PEAK.
- 35 – 40 hours per week
- On-site housing provided, commuting is acceptable
- Interns will be responsible for own meals, personal cleaning products, etc.
- Internships available Year Round
- Weekend work required
- Transportation not required while at the sanctuary
- Interns are required to be vegan while on the Sanctuary grounds. No use of products or by-products that come from an animal. This includes; meat, dairy, eggs, honey, leather, wool, etc
- Must be 18 years or older
PEAK is part of the Kroger Community Rewards Program! You can support PEAK’s residents with every purchase using your Kroger Plus Card across much of the state of Indiana.
- Animal feeding and watering
- Stall and habitat cleaning and enrichment
- Assisting with animal health checks
- Animal monitoring for special needs animals
- Assist with property management; compost, mowing and/or weed eating
- Special building care projects as they arise
- Ability to work in ALL weather conditions
- Sharp observation and animal behavior skills.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and follow-through with animal care schedule
- Outstanding work ethic
- Willingness and flexibility to various tasks and schedule changes
- Commitment to PEAK’s mission, vision, and animal care policies
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of farmed animal care
- Interacting and connecting with shelter animal residents
- Working with like-minded and committed activists
- Contributing to rescuing and making a difference for farmed animals
- Beneficial experience for future employment and life
- Access to 40+acres of woods with a full of a variety of wildlife
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with writing and editing content for the website, social media, and press materials.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with marketing and media relations initiatives as needed.
- Provide special event help as needed.
- Photography skills are plus.
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube preferred.
- Word and Excel proficiency preferred.
- General knowledge of business practices (ability to compose a proper letter, good phone manners, etc.).
- Commitment to Uplands PEAK organizational programs and goals.
- Flexibility and openness to a multitude of tasks.
- Volunteer commitment of 35-40 hours per week.
- Weekends and holidays may be required.
- Two-month minimum commitment required.
- Opportunity to learn more about non-profit administration and business practices.
- Working with like-minded and committed animal activists.
- Gain experience beneficial for future employment and life.