We’re accepting applications for our 2019 Internship Program!
Our internship will provide an individual with a meaningful educational experience; to care for and connect with rescued farmed animals, work side-by-side with the co-founders, and be a part of a compassionate community. Additionally, individuals will be a vital part of the building and growth of our new location in Freedom, IN.
PEAK is currently 35 minutes from Bloomington and 1 hour from Indianapolis.
Interns must be willing to promote the mission of PEAK.
- 35 – 40 hours per week
- On-site housing provided, commuting is acceptable
- Interns will be responsible for own meals, personal cleaning products, etc.
- Internships available Year Round
- Weekend work required
- Transportation not required while at the sanctuary
- Interns are required to be vegan while on the Sanctuary grounds. No use of products or by-products that come from an animal. This includes; meat, dairy, eggs, honey, leather, wool, etc
- Must be 18 years or older
- Animal feeding and watering
- Stall and habitat cleaning and enrichment
- Assisting with animal health checks
- Animal monitoring for special needs animals
- Assist with property management; compost, mowing and/or weed eating
- Special building care projects as they arise
- Ability to work in ALL weather conditions
- Sharp observation and animal behavior skills.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and follow-through with animal care schedule
- Outstanding work ethic
- Willingness and flexibility to various tasks and schedule changes
- Commitment to PEAK’s mission, vision, and animal care policies
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of farmed animal care
- Interacting and connecting with shelter animal residents
- Working with like-minded and committed activists
- Contributing to rescuing and making a difference for farmed animals
- Beneficial experience for future employment and life
- Access to 40+acres of woods with a full of a variety of wildlife
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist with writing and editing content for the website, social media, and press materials.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager with marketing and media relations initiatives as needed.
- Provide special event help as needed.
- Photography skills are plus.
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube preferred.
- Word and Excel proficiency preferred.
- General knowledge of business practices (ability to compose a proper letter, good phone manners, etc.).
- Commitment to Uplands PEAK organizational programs and goals.
- Flexibility and openness to a multitude of tasks.
- Volunteer commitment of 35-40 hours per week.
- Weekends and holidays may be required.
- Two-month minimum commitment. required.
- Opportunity to learn more about non-profit administration and business practices.
- Working with like-minded and committed animal activists.
- Gain experience beneficial for future employment and life.