Uplands PEAK is seeking a full-time Animal Care Giver
Uplands PEAK is a small but rapidly growing Sanctuary amidst a huge animal agriculture setting. This is a unique opportunity to be the first full-time employee and play a role in our development and growth.
The right person could have many options within the organization as PEAK continues to grow.
This is a dirty and challenging job involving heavy physical labor in all weather conditions. Additionally, it is emotionally challenging work. The Sanctuary Assistant will work weekends and some holidays. Reliable transportation required.
You will enjoy this job if you are a very hard worker, flexible, truly love all animals, and are committed to liberation for farmed animals.
The Animal Care Giver will be responsible for all aspects of daily animal care including the following:
- Providing food and water for animals
- Meticulously cleaning barn, stalls, and coops
- Following veterinary care treatment plans in accordance with directions
- Participating in hoof trimming, ear cleaning, grooming, and similar care
- Helping to maintain buildings, grounds, fences, and pastures
- Training and working with volunteers
- Assisting with tours and special events
- Advocating for veganism
- Maintaining records for each individual animal
- Regularly contributing content for social media and website
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Ideal Candidate is:
- Committed to and persistent in carrying out PEAK’s mission, vision, and values
- Experienced caring for rescued farmed animals
- Content working in solitude, but also comfortable working with others
- Able to understand and precisely follow oral and written directions
- Extremely observant; able to notice and communicate subtle changes in animals’ appearance and behavior
- Flexible and able to work in a busy and ever-changing environment
- Calm under pressure
- An advocate for veganism and animal liberation
- Able to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions
Additionally, the candidate must have a valid driver’s license, pass a criminal background check, and be willing to work long hours including weekends, some holidays, and possible overnights.
Hourly pay is based on previous experience. The position will be eligible for a week’s paid vacation after 6 months of employment.
This position does not currently include on-site housing, but the right candidate may be offered on-site housing at a future point in time.
TENTATIVE START DATE TBD
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org